| Past Event Summary - MEB 2011|
The 2nd Middle East Bitumen Conference (MEB 2011), organized by the Conference Connection Inc,was successfully held on 2-5 May at the Shangri-La DubaiThis event was the Middle East edition of the Asian Bitumen series (AsB) originating in Singapore since its inception in 2004. Click here for more information about our 7th Asian Bitumen 2011 (AsB 2011) taking place on 19-21 October 2011 in Bangkok and hosted and endorsed by the ThaiOil Group.
MEB 2011 brought together over 120 participants including senior management, business development directors, global bitumen managers, bitumen technical managers, shipping managers, commercial managers, laboratory managers, trading managers and export managers from more than 25 countries. The attendees and speakers enjoyed the in-depth discussions and the lively interactive exchange of views during the day and come evening, they were treated to a Dhow Dinner Cruise which gave them an opportunity to further make new relationships in a relaxed environment. Click here to view photos on MEB 2011.
|Hear what the delegates have to say about MEB 2011: |
|" Very good Networking. " |
" Well managed program, one of the best planned agenda. "
" Best source of information about Bitumen Demand, Supply and Pricing. "
" The conference is well organized, well presented with knowledgeable presenters. "
" I attended this conference for the very first time and get to network for Technology, Suppliers & worldwide bitumen information. "
" We find the experience highly rewarding and exciting. It was great to finally meet with Vimla, you and the rest of the Conference Connection team! "
" I would like to thank you for all the great jobs you and your team have done for the conference, it was a real pleasure for Blij Oil group and specially for me to be there as a speaker. Please kindly find Mr. Farahmand’s appreciation letter enclosed. "
|Highlights of MEB 2011:|
- Over 120 participants representing bitumen industry leaders from more than 25 countries attended the 2nd Middle East Bitumen (MEB 2011).
- Participating countries at MEB 2011 included Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, UAE, Egypt, South Africa, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Austria, Denmark, France, Switzerland, UK, USA amongst others.
- 18 presentations were featured on the MEB 2011 agenda based on the theme: Opportunities & Challenges in Bitumen Trade & Technology for Middle East, Africa and South-Asia.
- Opening Remarks were delivered by Mr Zakaria Sulaiman, Manager Petroleum Product Sales, International Marketing, The Bahrain Petroleum Company who made an excellent Chair by engaging the audience in lively discussions and providing them with good insights on the distinction between Asphalt versus Bitumen.
- A specially designed networking session - Meet and Greet (M&G) was introduced giving every delegate the best opportunity to meet every conference participant!
- A spectacular Dhow Dinner Cruise was organized as part of the conference program on 3 May 2011 for all delegates where they were greeted with an extensive spread of cuisine, drinks, Arabian music and dance on the majestic water of the Dubai Marina.
- An optional site visit to Dubai Central Laboratory was also organized as part of the conference program on 5 May 2011 where attendees were treated to a detailed and insightful tour of the impressive Lab facilities.
- Delegate feedback have indicated that the event has provided a wide spread of topics, high calibre speakers, quality presentations and premium networking opportunities. Most have also suggested that we continue to hold the conference on an annual basis. The delegate response rated the speakers and premium networking opportunities as their key reasons for attending.
- Outstanding industry support from corporate sponsors which included Al Jaber Bitumen LLC, Blij Oil Group, Fara Shimi Rooz Co and Elco Richmond.
- Other supporting organizations and Media Sponsors at MEB 2011 included Petrosil/Bitumart.com, Petrofinder, Worldoils, South Africa Bitumen Association (sabita), European Asphalt Pavement Association (EAPA) and The International Road Federation (IRF). These companies provided the conference with a good delegate base of senior executives and synergistic client relationships.
We would like to thank all delegates, speakers, sponsors, media sponsors and guests for making our second Middle East Bitumen conference such a great success! We look forward to seeing you at our 3rd Middle East Bitumen Conference in 2012!
Should you be interested to present a paper, be a sponsor or exhibitor or participant at this conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|ORGANISED BY :|
For enquiries, please contact:
Middle East Bitumen Secretariat 2011
135 Middle Road #05-01 Bylands Building Singapore 188975
Afro Arab for Specialty Petroleum Products * Agarwal Petrochem Pvt. Ltd * Al Jaber Bitumen LLC * Al Jaber Bitumen-Ooms JV * Al Jaber Group * Al Jaber Transport & General Contracting * Al Khaleej Bitumen Co LLC * Al Khaleej Bitumen Co.LLC (KBCO) * Al Mashael Group * Alpine Energy Trading Limited * Al Sherouk Chemicals * Atracon (Singapore) Pte Ltd * Attock Refinery Limited * Ayegh Isfahan Co * B2Bag Bitumen Logistic Solutions Gmbh * BASF * BB Energy (Gulf) DMCC * Bitchem Asphalt Technologies * Bitucorp Trading Pvt Ltd * Bitumat Company Limited * Blij Oil Group * BLS Bitumen Logistics Solutions GmbH * BSS Pty Ltd * Channoil Consulting Ltd * Colas SA * Concord Energy Pte Ltd * Consolidated Contractors Company Oman LLC * Corus Energy * Cosco Southern Asphalt Shipping Co Ltd * Country Trading PLC * COWI * Crown Group of Companies * Cyrus Group * CyTech International * Denimo Tech A/S * DMCC * Dubai Central Laboratory (Dubai Municipality) * DuPont * Elco Richmond Asphalt Product Trading LLC * Emera Trading LLC * Engen Petroleum Limited * Engen Petroleum Limited, South Africa * ENOC Commercial and Distribution LLC * Ergon Asphalt & Emulsion Inc * Essar Oil Limited * FACTS Global Energy * Falcon Chemicals LLC * Fara Shimi Rooz Co * Feedar Esfahan Manufacturing Co. * Geo Chem Middle East * Gilda Tar International Company * GSEC Ltd * Government of Fujairah * Gulf Chemicals & Indl Oils Co. * Gulf Petrochem * Henkel Polybit Industries Ltd * HT Process Controls (P) Ltd * IMPERBIT Membrane Industries L.L.C. * Innophos Inc * Itochu Middle East FZE * Iver Ships B.V. * Jain Sons India * Jordan Petroleum Refinery Co Ltd * Jey Oil Refining Co. * Jiangxi Geo-Engineering (Group) Corporation * Khalid Bin Ahmed & Sons LLC * Korea Petroleum Ind Co Ltd * Kraton Polymers * Lucky Shipmanagement Pte Ltd * M.A.Razak & Company Limited * Macro International Services Inc * Mashael Petroleum * MENA Energy DMCC * Meraat International Group * National Bitumen Corp * Nepsin (AP) Pte Ltd * Neptune Energy Trading LLC * North Energy Trading * Petrosil Group * Petrofinder * Nynas Bitumen * Ooms International Holding bv * Opengate Energy LLC * Parsons International LLC * Pasargad Oil Co * PEC Ltd * Platts * PolymerLatex GmbH * Pri Asphalt Technologies, Inc * Prime Tankers UAE * PT Kiprah Multi Sarana * PT Multi Trading Pratama * Port of Fujairah * Purvin & Gertz Inc * Qatar Fuel (WOQOD) * Qingdao BLT Flexitanks Industrial Co Ltd * RAD International * Red Sea International FZCO * Reliance Industries (Middle East) DMCC * Richmond Mercantile Ltd FZC * Richmond Petrochem Trading FZC * SAPCO Group * Seashell Logistics Pvt Ltd * Shell Eastern Trading (Pte) Ltd * Shell India Markets Pte Ltd * Shell Markets (Middle East) Limited * Shimi Palayesh Sadaf Co * Shiva Asphaltics * SK Energy * Solvochem FZCO * South Shore International Ltd * Sudanese Petroleum Corporation * Swastik Tar Industries * Swiss Singapore Overseas Enterprises Pte Ltd * The Bahrain Petroleum Company, Bahrain * The National * Tiki Tar Industries India Limited * Tipco Asphalt (Public) Co Ltd * TOTAL Middle East FZE * Total Oil Asia-Pacific Pte Ltd * Total Parco Pakistan Limited * Trade House "OS" * Tradelink Engineering & Trading Pte Ltd * Trafigura Beheer BV * United Group Egypt * Uniterminals SAL * University of Wisconsin * Valencia Exim Pte Ltd * Vinergy International Pvt Ltd * Vitol Dubai Ltd * Wade Adams Contracting LLC * Western Research Institute * Winnington FZCO * World Management International * World Trade Hall * Xi'an Dagang Road Machinery Co Ltd *