A Post-LNGA 2020 Workshop
The workshop reviewed the status of the global LNG business in late-2020. The impact of the lack of FIDs on the balance between supply and demand in the mid-2020s will be considered and the potential need for the output from new liquefaction capacity by 2035 to meet increasing demand and the decline in output from some of the older operating plants over the period to 2035 estimated. Trends in the long-term pricing of LNG will be reviewed and traditional oil-indexed pricing compared with the alternatives, including the cost-based price of US LNG. The price of spot LNG cargoes will be covered and the trends in JKM, TTF and the US Henry Hub price discussed.
The workshop provided attendees with the opportunity to review the outlook for LNG supply, demand and LNG pricing, in advance of the online conference.
Mr. Andy Flower
LNG & Natural Gas Consultant, UK
Andy Flower has been consultant in LNG & Natural Gas since his retirement from BP in 2001. During his 22 years working on LNG in BP, Andy managed BP’s interests in projects in Nigeria, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Australia. He also led a team responsible for evaluating potential new projects in PNG, Venezuela, Angola, Egypt, Indonesia and Iran. His expertise is in the commercial aspects of LNG including, marketing, project development, supply and demand, contracts, pricing, shipping and short-term trading. He has run LNG courses in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas. He is the author of many articles in journals and chapters in books on LNG and natural gas.
This workshop covered:
1. The LNG Supply Challenge
- LNG plants in operation and under construction at the beginning of 2020
- Forecast production 2020 to 2025 from projects in operation and under construction
- How much supply from new projects will be needed in 2025, 2030 and 2035
- Proposed projects to meet the potential supply gap from 2025
2. Floating Liquefaction
- Why is there so much interest in FLNG?
- The challenges faced by developers of floating liquefaction
- FLNG projects in operation, under construction and planned
3. LNG Demand
- The outlook for demand in existing markets
- New markets
- LNG for transport
- Spot and short-term trading
4. LNG Pricing
- The evolution of oil-linked pricing in Asia
- Market-based pricing in Europe and the Americas
- US LNG export prices
- Spot prices (JKM, TTF, Henry Hub etc.)
Hear What Attendees Have to Say
"I was interested in knowing the future demand of LNG sector and my objective achieved properly."
- Energy Engineer Ministry Of Minerals, Tanzania
"It was a useful time to analyze the LNG market from various aspects. I highly recommend this workshop to people who are interested in Market Intelligence."
- Manager, SK Gas, Korea
"It has been learned key points and numbers about the world's data in the field of LNG."
- Leading Specialist , Ministry Of Energy & Water Resources, Tajikistan
"Understood the forces of demand and supply in LNG global market. Had a better insight into oil indexing as a determinant factor of LNG price."
- Senior Scientific Officer Energy Commission Of Nigeria
"The course is a fantastic opportunity for anyone to learn and get updated on the LNG market."
- Senior Scientific Officer, Ministry Of Infrastructure Department Of Energy, Fiji
"I have participated in online as well as in-person training in oil and gas before. However, this training by Conference Connection has a unique feature considering the current pandemic as well as energy situations. The topic is timely and the presenter never deviates from the course materials prepared. Of course, when a participant asks different questions, a well explained answer and example were given. As my country is working to be on the LNG market as small-scale producer, I found the training very insightful in terms of the most updated figures and considerations."
- Petroleum Licensing And Administration Directorate, Ministry Of Mines And Petroleum Ethiopia
"It gave me a more open view on the LNG history and current situation around the world."
- Chemical Engineer, Universidad Industrial De Santander , Colombia
"Learnt a lot about Natural Gas especially in pricing."
- Principal Renewable Energy Officer, Ministry Of Energy Kenya
"Excellent webinar - useful information delivered in a clear and relaxed manner. I learned very much from the webinar, the speakers were very knowledgeable and good in explaining the upcoming changes in LNG."
- Energy Engineering Sungate Solutions Palestine
"Gave a better understanding about spot markets."
- Officer Niger Delta Power Holding Company, Nigeria
"Everything was good for me, because I am an electrical engineer and I do not have that much information about LNG, Natural Gas. I learn a lot from this workshop."
- Energy Programming Department, Ministry Of Energy And Water Afghanistan
"Well organized course, which covers all aspects of LNG industry. I will definitely recommend this course for everyone, who wants to have a better understanding on LNG."