LNGA 2020 Goes Virtual on 5 – 10 November 2020 at SGT from 3:00pm to 8:00pm (GMT+8)
The LNG Supplies for Asian Markets (LNGA) series is Singapore’s pioneering LNG Conference launched by Conference Connection with the Energy Market Authority as hosts in 2005. Held annually and now in its 15th year, LNGA has brought unique insights of the LNG world marketplace, with the presence of LNG experts, thought leaders and visionaries delivering the latest market and project intelligence and opportunities for regular dialogue, negotiations and business networking. LNGA has welcomed Trade and Energy Ministers from Singapore, Indonesia, Iran, Papua New Guinea and Algeria, leading national oil company and oil major CEOs, and LNG buyers and sellers.
Following the success of LNGA 2005–2019 which attracted 3,000 participants from 60 countries worldwide covering varied sectors of the Gas/LNG industry, this conference will provide continuing insights into the challenges and opportunities for the LNG industry over the next decade with an emphasis on the Asian markets, which accounts for over 75% of global imports.
For the first time, LNGA 2020 was held under Chatham House Rule
Advisory Committee Chairman
Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki
Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki is the Founder and Chairman of FGE. His work is well-recognized worldwide for pioneering oil and gas market analysis and studies of the Asia Pacific/Middle East energy markets since the early 1980s.
He received his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Surrey in England and then completed a Visiting Fellowship at Harvard University’s Center for Middle Eastern Studies. He joined the East-West Center in 1979 where he led the energy program as a Director and Senior Fellow till 2013.
In 1989, Dr. Fesharaki was elected a member of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York. Since 1991, a member of the International Advisory Board of JX Holdings (and its predecessor companies). He was the 1993 President of the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE).
In 1995, he was elected a Senior Fellow of the US Association for Energy Economics for distinguished services in the field of energy economics. In 2002, appointed a Senior Associate of the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C. He received the Outstanding Contributions to the IAEE Award in 2012. He was a member of the Advisory Board of VOPAK LNG from 2013 to 2015. In 2014, he was appointed as Honorary Advisor by CNPC Research Institute of Economics and Technologies in Beijing. Dr. Fesharaki is the recipient of the 2016 Adelman-Frankel Award from the US Association for
Energy Economics (USAEE) for his unique and innovative contribution to the field of energy economics. In March 2017, Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) appointed him as a Director of the Dubai Mercantile Exchange Limited (DME). Since 2009, he has been a member of the DME Board of Directors. Dr.
Fesharaki has been appointed to the National Petroleum Council beginning in 2008 and most recently re-appointed by the US Secretary of Energy, Dan Brouillette in April 2020.
Mr. Shasha Fesharaki
Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, FGE USA
Shasha Fesharaki holds an MBA with an emphasis on International Business. He specializes in LNG marketing, and is responsible for providing buyers and sellers with sourcing and placement strategies for LNG and overseas gas consulting activities at FGE.
In addition, he specializes in the Korean market and LNG pricing. Shasha has spoken at a number of natural gas conferences as well as authored numerous reports and studies with respect to the Asia-Pacific LNG market. He also focuses on business development, specifically looking at new growth opportunities for FGE.
Dr. Jeff Brown
President, FGE Group
Dr. Jeff Brown, as President, leads FGE’s research and consulting efforts globally across oil, gas and NGLs. He oversees consultants based in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
FGE has over 350 clients globally subscribing to its various retainer, consulting and commercial advisory services. In addition to specialized consulting, FGE releases over 850 reports annually, ranging from two to 300+ pages. FGE also commits to visit and brief every client at least once annually. Dr. Brown both supervises and engages directly in all of these efforts.
Jeff re-joined FGE seven years ago from JP Morgan where he was Executive Director, Global Commodities Research/Strategy. He was a regular featured speaker at JP Morgan events and published widely on energy markets. Jeff also served as Senior Oil Analyst at the International Energy Agency in Paris. During this time, he developed the IEA’s short- to mid-term oil demand forecasting framework and led research examining oil/gas interfuel substitution. Before the IEA, he was a Research Fellow at the East-West Center in Honolulu where his primary emphasis was LNG Markets East of Suez.
Dr. Brown is the author of many articles in industry, economic, and policy journals and widely cited as an energy expert, including interviews with The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times and appearances on news channels such as CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg. He delivers numerous speeches and conducts specialized briefings around the world each year.
LNGA 2020 Speakers
Mr. Jun Nishizawa
Executive Vice President, CEO, Natural Gas Group, Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan
Mr. Frank Kretschmer
President, ExxonMobil LNG Asia Pacific
Ms. Jane Liao
Vice President, CPC Corporation, Taiwan
Jane Liao, one of the five Vice Presidents of CPC Corporation, Taiwan effective November 01, 2020, started her career as a Chemist at Exploration & Development Research Institute of CPC.
She had been in charge of CPC’s LNG business since 1997 before moving on as a senior executive to the President of CPC in 2013. She then became the Deputy CEO of Natural Gas Business in 2015 and the CEO of Natural Gas Business in 2016.
A trained Chemical Engineer, Jane Liao obtained a Master’s degree in Chemistry from National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan. In 2013, she further obtained a Master’s degree of Laws (LLM) in International Dispute Resolution and Management from the CEPMLP (Center for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy) of University of Dundee, Scotland.
In Oct 2016, Jane Liao completed the Advanced Management Programme (AMP) from Harvard Business School.
Dr. Zheng Hongtao
President, ENN Ecological, China
Mr. Kevin Gallagher
Managing Director & CEO, Santos, Australia
Kevin joined Santos as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 1 February 2016, bringing more than 25 years’ international experience in managing oil and gas operations.
Kevin commenced his career as a drilling engineer with Mobil North Sea, before joining Woodside in Australia in 1998. At Woodside, Kevin led the drilling organisation through rapid growth, delivering several Australian and international projects, before leading the Australian oil business. Then, as CEO of the North West Shelf Venture, he was responsible for production from Australia’s first ever LNG project. In 2011 Kevin joined Clough Limited as CEO and Managing Director where, over four years, he transformed the business and delivered record financial results.
Since joining Santos, Kevin has restructured the company and implemented a disciplined low-cost operating model. He has significantly strengthened the balance sheet, improved production and financial performance, and positioned the company on a sustainable growth trajectory around a portfolio of long-life natural gas assets in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Mr. Hiroki Sato
Managing Executive Officer & Chief Global Partnership Officer, JERA Co., Inc.
Mr. Hiroki Sato is one of the foundation members of JERA from Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. now is Managing Executive Officer &Chief Global Partnership Officer of JERA Co., Inc. He graduated from Keio University, specializing in Marketing Management and has previously worked as a diplomat in Middle East.He has approx. 30 years of experience in LNG business. He made several innovative deals such as first MSPA in Asia, joint purchasing, time swap, tripartite SPA, LTA of us LNG PJ, capacity agreement with European players etc.
Mr. Yasuo Ryoki
Advisor, Osaka Gas Co. Limited, Japan
Dr. Keiran Wulff
Managing Director, Oil Search
Mr. Jamal Al-Loughani
Deputy Managing Director, International Marketing – Contracts Administration, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, Kuwait
An Executive having 32 years of experience in Kuwait Petroleum Corporation with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
Started work as a Junior Sales Representative in Bunker Sales Department of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation-Kuwait in November 1986 and was transferred to KPC (Far East) – Singapore Office in September 1988 and worked there for a few years.
He was reassigned to KPC H.O. - International Marketing Sector in the Far East Sales Department in January 1992 and later worked in other Marketing depts. like Supply Operations and Sales Middle Distillates & National Accounts. He worked on Kuwait Refinery Economics, Crude Oil and Products Programming. Mr. Al Loughani was appointed as Manager Sales Administration in January 2003 and was responsible for the pricing of Crude and Petroleum Products. He was in charge of qualifying KPC Customers and Suppliers and also responsible of the role for establishment of new business units at KPC Head Office and at new KPC Regional Offices.
He was appointed as Deputy Managing Director of Marketing Operations in November 2007 with the overall responsibilities of directing the activities of Supply Operation, Marine Operations and Planning Marketing. Later appointed as Deputy Managing Director in April 2013 for Marketing of Sales Crude Oil, Light Petroleum Products (Naphtha, Mogas and LPG). In
March 2016 was reassigned the position of Deputy Managing Director Marketing Operations. In April 2016 was transferred to Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) as Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Fuel Supply Operations. In June 2018 was back in KPC as Deputy Managing Director International Marketing Operations. In October 2018, was appointed as Deputy Managing Director International Marketing – Contracts Administration up to date.
He has been a Board member of Kuwait Oil Tanker Co. (KOTC) from 2011-2016. Is currently the Chairman of the Board of Kuwait Aviation Fueling Co. (KAFCO) since 2016 and a Board member at Petroleum Industries Co. (PIC).
Mr. Thomas Maurisse
Senior Vice President LNG, Total
Mr. Frédéric Barnaud
Group CEO, Pavilion Energy Pte Ltd, Singapore
Mr. Wapu Sonk
Managing Director, Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited, Papua New Guinea
Mr. Akira Kono
Senior Managing Executive Officer, Chief Executive of Energy Division, NYK Line, Japan
Mr. Ajay Shah
Vice President, Shell Energy Asia
Mr. Aziz Othman
CEO, PETRONAS LNG Ltd.
Aziz has been with PETRONAS for more than 30 years. He currently holds the position of Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of LNG Marketing & Trading as well as assuming the role of Chief Executive Officer of PETRONAS LNG Ltd (PLL). As the CEO for PLL, he spearheads the marketing strategies formulation, business development and value optimization for PETRONAS’ portfolio of LNG.
Aziz started his career with PETRONAS in 1987 as a Project Engineer in the Peninsular Gas Utilization (PGU) Project. In 2000, he was assigned to PETRONAS Gas Business Unit as a Senior Planner, where he was responsible for the coordination and implementation of growth initiatives.
In 2005, Aziz was entrusted to lead the operations and maintenance of plant facilities for Centralized Utilities Facilities (CUF) at PETRONAS Gas Berhad and continued with Vinyl Chloride Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Subsequently in 2011, Aziz moved to PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad as the Head of Strategic Planning & Ventures where he was responsible for charting and implementing the company’s growth strategy.
Aziz was then posted to Canada in 2017 under PETRONAS Energy Canada Ltd (PECL) as the VP of Strategy & New Ventures. He implemented a hedging strategy that helped reduce the impact of highly volatile gas prices, while steering business development activities to monetize the available resources. He has extensive global experience in business development and commercial, along with his ability to create strong internal and external partnerships.
Aziz holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from George Washington University, USA and attended the Senior Executive Program at London Business School in 2009.
Mr. Ngiam Shih Chun
Chief Executive, Energy Market Authority, Singapore
LNGA 2020 Virtual Agenda
+ − Day One: Thursday, 5 November 2020
- Registration & Networking
- Session I: Official Opening & Keynote Address
- Session II (A): IOC-NOC Perspectives
- Session III: LNG Trading & Market Direction
- Session IV: LNG Veterans Panel
- Session II (B): IOC-NOC Perspectives
- Close of Day One Followed By International Networking
+ − Day Two: Friday, 6 November 2020
- Session V: New LNG Supply
- Session VI (A): LNG Buyers, Shipping & New Market Opportunities
- Session VI (B): LNG Buyers, Shipping & New Market Opportunities
- Session VII: Hydrogen – Can It Take Off?
- Close of LNGA 2020 Followed By International Networking
+ − Day Three: Monday, 9 November 2020
2:00 pm – 9:30 pm | Post-LNGA Global Virtual Networking Day
+ − Day Four: Tuesday, 10 November 2020
2:00 pm – 9:30 pm | Post-LNGA Global Virtual Networking Day
Conducted Over Two Half-Day Sessions on 3-4 November 2020, 3:00pm To 6:30pm, SGT (20 mins Break included)
LNGA is a preferred platform for sponsorship where Asia’s LNG buyers and sellers meet. Every year LNGA attracts more than 40% – 60% first time attendees, with exponential networking and business opportunities. In its 15th year, LNGA 2019 provides premium networking opportunities to increase your company’s visibility and boost your business potential to a highly targeted audience of senior LNG & Natural Gas executives. The conference is expected to attract over 200 participants from more than 30 countries worldwide.
For sponsorship & exhibition opportunities and value to your organisation, please contact us.
LNGA 2019 Testimonials
“The conference theme for this year serves as a timely reminder that the global LNG market has become much more interconnected, with developments in one region having an impact in another. Singapore has much to offer suppliers and buyers alike who are looking to tap into the growing Asian gas market, especially here in growing South-East Asia. I would like to encourage all of you to leverage Singapore’s unique offerings to grow your gas-related businesses. Let me conclude by saying that the LNGA conference has been an important platform for companies and policymakers to discuss the issues. It offers the opportunity for us to really take an in-depth look and discuss how we should navigate some of the challenges, some of the changes, and seize some of the opportunities that we see over the horizon.”
- Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry, Singapore
"Congratulations for a successful LNGA 2019. We are glad to be part of the event. We look forward to LNG 2020."
- Hagimoto Satoshe, Director, Rim Intelligence Co
“The conference was wonderfully organised and full of good discussions”
- Tarek Souki, SVP LNG Marketing and Trading , Tellurian Inc
"I personally benefitted from the session and found it very fruitful. Congratulations once again on a well-organised event!"
- Dr. Asyifah Rashid, Assistant Director, Energy Division (Energy Market), Ministry of Trade & Industry, Singapore
“It was another successful conference. This conference is one of my favorites each year.”
- Scott Chrisman, Chief Commercial Officer, Global Head, LNG Marketing & Shipping, Sempra LNG & Midstream
“Thank you and well done on a successful organization.”
- Hadi Hallouche, Head of Oil, Asia, Trafigura
"Very knowledgeable contributors. Flowing agenda."
- John Quirke, Chief Technical Officer, Meralco PowerGen Corporation
"Intimate and dynamic conference, senior executives speaking their minds."
- Sarah Behbehani, SVP LNG Trading, JERA Global Markets
"Thanks for another great LNGA conference."
- Abache Abreu, Editorial Lead, LNG, News Desk, S&P Global Platts
"Many thanks for a very good and fruitful conference"
- Clara Tan, Bureau Chief, Energy Intelligence
"Congratulations on another successful LNGA conference organised!"
- Nicolette Tang | Manager, Brand Strategy & Stakeholders, Pavilion Energy Pte Ltd
“LNGA was great!”
- Kong Kitt Yee, General Manager, Mudrock Media Sdn Bhd
LNGA 2020 VIRTUAL Frequently Asked Questions
+ − I have paid to attend the physical conference. Do I have to pay for the virtual LNGA 2020?
No, your registration will be transferred to the Virtual LNGA 2020 automatically. Our customer service team will contact you directly to provide the details.
+ − I have paid to attend the conference and I am not able to attend the virtual conference. Can I cancel and get a refund?
You can cancel your attendance and transfer the credit to LNGA 2021 or other events organised by Conference Connection in 2021 physically or virtually. Alternatively, you can transfer your registration to a colleague. Please contact us to transfer your registration to another person if applicable.
Phone: +65 6338 0064
+ − How do I register for the virtual event?
+ − What forms of payment do you accept?
For this virtual event, we will only be accepting payment by Credit Card or PayPal.
+ − What if I need to cancel my registration for the virtual event?
- Once payment has been made, we will not be able to offer a refund.
- Your registration can be transferred to a colleague if we receive prior notification 1 week before the conference.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your registration to another person.
+ − Are there sponsorship opportunities in the virtual event?
Yes, we offer a variety of standard and customized sponsorship opportunities to meet with your business objectives and budget. Please contact LNGA 2020 Secretariat for details and discussion:
Phone: +65 6338 0064
+ − Are there exhibition opportunities in the virtual event?
Yes, we offer virtual exhibition booths to showcase your latest products and services to potential clients, giving high visibility and recognition for your businesses. Each virtual exhibition booth will provide a unique platform for product demos, networking and taking your business to the next level. Please contact LNGA 2020 Secretariat for details:
Phone: +65 6338 0064
+ − Are Press Passes available for the virtual event?
Yes, we allow accredited media attending on behalf of major industry publications to cover the event subject to prior notification and approval by the organisers. Attending media representatives will need to observe and abide our media engagement policy – please click here.
Please also note that this event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Please visit www.chathamhouse.org for details.
Please contact LNGA 2020 Secretariat for press pass registration and approval: Email: email@example.com Phone: +65 6338 0064
+ − Which platform will be used to conduct the conference?
The conference will be hosted on GEVME
+ − What are the technical requirements for joining the virtual event?
- On the day, simply click on the link provided to join the virtual event live. Access from desktop, laptop or mobile device. Please ensure a stable internet connection.
- Your device should have a webcam and a mike for video meetings or interactive discussions.
- Familiarity with accessing the internet to join the video conferencing platform.
- Google chrome is the recommended internet browser for ease of access to the platform for joining sessions.
- Once payment has been received for your registration, you will be receiving emails to help you with navigating the platform and its features.
+ − What are the virtual event Terms & Conditions?
- FEES – Registration fees are quoted and payable to Conference Connection in U.S. Dollars by Credit Card or PayPal, before the commencement of the event. Registration fees will include attendance at all virtual sessions, exhibition, networking and access to on-demand content.
- TAX – A 7% goods and services tax (GST) will be applicable to all Singapore-based companies. The fees and charges quoted are exclusive of all applicable value-added, sales, use and similar taxes. All payments for the registrations shall be made free and clear of, and without deduction for withholding taxes imposed by any governmental authority.
- DISCOUNTS – All discounts are mutually exclusive and at the discretion of the organisers.
- REGISTRATION & ACCESS – All registrations must be on the prescribed registration form or in writing or received via event website, and on a confirmed basis unless otherwise notified in writing. Organisers reserve the right not to accept prior registrations without payment or to screen registrants as it deems appropriate. Confirmation to join virtual event will be sent only to paid registrations.
- SUBSTITUTION – Delegates are entitled to transfer their virtual event registration(s) between their organisation’s employees provided the organisers receive prior notification seven (7) working days before the event. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DELEGATE CANCELLATION – Registration is on a confirmed basis once received and cancellations are not permitted. Delegates can transfer the registration to a colleague in the same company by notifying the organisers 1 week before the conference by email to email@example.com.
- EVENT PROGRAM – The organisers reserve the right to make reasonable alterations to the advertised Event Program, agenda, and to the list of speakers at any time without prior notice.
- DATA PROTECTION – By submitting your name, address and contact details during your registration/order you are agreeing to your details being added to our database and may be used by Conference Connection to provide you with further information on its products and services. Conference Connection may make this information available to associated partners for marketing purposes. To restrict or update your particulars please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NO PUBLICITY – Delegate acknowledges and agrees that it must not use Conference Connection’s names or marks in any publicity, advertising, public announcements, marketing materials, websites or other online materials without Conference Connection’s prior written approval.
- GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS – Our general terms and conditions also apply. Click here for further details.
+ − If I need to attend a meeting during the conference, is the recorded sessions available?
Recorded sessions will be available for viewing for 30 days after the conclusion of the event.