The Middle East Gas Insiders Briefing is a premier briefing to help executives build successful strategies in the LNG and natural gas business. MGI will share the latest insights on key developments in the global natural gas and LNG business with an in-depth review of the Asia and Middle East markets.
The intensive two-day briefing will provide a great level of detail on regional and intra-regional gas/LNG trades and highlight key issues on how LNG/gas markets are evolving over the longer term. Participants with background of business development, corporate strategies, investment, market analysis, gas/LNG marketing and sales will benefit from this briefing.
MGI will be taking place during the Middle East Petroleum and Gas Conference 2019 week of events. FGE’s 26th Middle East Petroleum Insiders (MPI) Briefing will be taking place on April 6-7, 2018.
- Setting the Scene—Oil & Gas/LNG Markets
- Global LNG Market Outlook: New FIDs to take Center Stage in 2019
- Round Table Session: The Evolving LNG Market: What Does the Future Hold?
- MENA Gas Market: Feast or Famine?
- LNG Market Outlook in Asia: Where is the New Demand?
- Gas Trade in the MENA Region: Will There be a Breakthrough on Regional Trade?
- LNG Short-Term Trading
- Natural Gas Liquids: Looking Ahead
- LNG Shipping, Floating Regasification, and Liquefaction
Meet Our Speakers
Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki
Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki is the Founder and Chairman of FGE. His work is well-recognized worldwide for pioneering oil and gas market analysis and studies of the Asia Pacific/Middle East energy markets since the early 1980s.
Dr. Fesharaki received his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Surrey in England and then completed a Visiting Fellowship at Harvard University’s Center for Middle Eastern Studies. He joined the East-West Center in 1979 and led the energy program for some two decades.
In 1989, Dr. Fesharaki was elected a member of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York. Since 1991, a member of the International Advisory Board of JX Holdings (and its predecessor companies) — Japan’s largest oil company. He was the 1993 President of the International Association for Energy
In 1995, he was elected a Senior Fellow of the US Association for Energy Economics for distinguished services in the field of energy economics. In 2002, appointed a Senior Associate of the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C. In 2008, Dr. Fesharaki was appointed to the National Petroleum Council by then US Secretary of Energy. Dr. Fesharaki has since been reappointed to the National Petroleum Council in April 2016 and June 2018. He received the Outstanding
Contributions to the IAEE Award in 2012. He was a member of the Advisory Board of VOPAK LNG from 2013 to 2015. In 2014, appointed as Honorary Advisor by CNPC Research Institute of Economics and Technologies in Beijing. He is the recipient of the 2016 Adelman-Frankel Award from the US Association for Energy Economics (USAEE) for his unique and innovative contribution to the field of energy economics. In March 2017, Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) appointed him as a Director of the Dubai Mercantile Exchange Limited (DME). Since 2009, he has been a member of the DME Board of Directors.
Mr. Shasha Fesharaki
and Managing Director
Mr. Siamak Adibi
Principal Consultant &
Head of Middle East Gas Team
Why You Should Attend
- Gain a clear understanding of the complexities that exist within the East of Suez oil and gas markets.
- Identify key drivers shaping future developments—where are the sensitivities and uncertainties?
- Understand how the trading relationship between Asia and the Middle East is changing.
- Recognize the key role played by the East of Suez region in shaping the future evolution of global LNG and LPG trade.
- Engage with FGE’s team of regional experts.
- Network with executives from leading international companies.
These Briefings are Relevant for Industry Executives Responsible for:
Corporate/Strategic Planning and Government Relations
Research, Economics, and Market Analysis
Projects, Operations, and Resources
Crude, Feedstocks, Fuel, Petrochemicals, Gas, and LNG
New Ventures/Markets, Commercial, and Business Development
Negotiations and Investments
Trading, Shipping, and Chartering
Gas/LNG and Power Project Managers/Directors
Gas/LNG E&P Managers
Marketing and Business Development Managers
Economists, Policy Makers, Corporate Planners, and Analysts
Contracts and Legal Managers
MPGC 2018 Week Events
- Middle East Petroleum Insiders Briefing (MPI) 21 – 22 April
- Middle East Petroleum & Gas Conference (MPGC) 22 – 24 April
- Global Finished Lubricants Value Chain Course (GLV) 24 April
- 7th Annual Base Oil & Lubes Middle East Conference (BLM) 25 – 26 April
- Changing Base Oil Quality & Its Impact on Formulations (Half-Day Course) 26 April