As a responsible leader in event organisation, Conference Connection understands your desire to have your personal information protected. Conference Connection respects your concerns about privacy and values its relationship with you. This Notice describes the types of information we collect via Conference Connection’s web site as set out below, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. Our Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information. We also tell you how you may contact us to update your information, remove your name from our mailing lists or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at Conference Connection.
Summary of Privacy Practices
We provide a short summary of our privacy practices. Learn more about the Summary here.
Summary of Privacy Practices
- This statement applies to Conference Connection website only
- This statement applies to any Conference Connection employees, contractors and third parties engaged in Conference Connection’s operations globally.
- We collect personal contact information, as well as credit or debit card information submitted at the time you register or purchase conference documentation from us.
- You have the ability to change your preferences in respect to how we contact you, in your Member Login if you are our Alumni, or through the web page from which you provided your information. If you are on a Conference Connection web page that requires you to submit personal information, or if you would like to change your preferences for information that you have previously provided, please contact us through the various communication channels we have provided below or make your changes online here.
When you submit or send your information on our web sites, you expressly consent to the collection and transfer of your personal information for the purposes it was gathered on the website.
Our web sites may provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These web sites operate independently from Conference Connection and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked web sites. To the extent any linked web sites you visit are not part of the Conference Connection group, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of those sites.
To contact us concerning your privacy, or to change your communication preferences, update, or review the personal information we have about you, or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, you may contact us by the following method.
You can alter your contact preferences through Customer Support by telephone, fax, e-mail, or regular mail or by making changes online:
135 Middle Road #05-01
Bylands Building Singapore 188975
The following social media policy describes our privacy practices that are specific to Conference Connection’s social and business networking sites, blogging and generally, wherever there is user-generated content.
- As a member of one of Conference Connection’s social media sites, you are given the opportunity to create a profile which may include personal information, such as your gender, age, occupation, place of work, and technical or other skills, plus other content. If you provide personal information in such a profile, it may be accessed and viewed by other members of the Conference Connection social media sites.
- When you communicate into forums or send messages through Conference Connection’s social media sites, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, including email addresses and content.
Uses and Information Sharing
Other members of the Conference Connection social media sites you have joined are able to interact with you. As such, you and they will be able to share any opinions, thoughts and other information you contribute on such sites with other members. This sharing is one of the benefits of Conference Connection social media sites; it is important therefore to recognize that as with most online communications, these communications should be courteous, professional, and should not expose your personal information unnecessarily.
Conference Connection social media sites are provided for the purpose of promoting events, discussion and fostering knowledge about Conference Connection’s events and relevant industries covered by Conference Connection events.
As a responsible leader in event organization, Conference Connection understands your desire to have your personal information protected. Conference Connection respects your concerns about privacy and values its relationship with you. This Notice describes the types of information we collect via Conference Connection’s web site as set out below, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. We also tell you how you may contact us to update your information, remove your name from our mailing lists or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at Conference Connection.
- What personal information is gathered, stored, tracked or used
- With whom the information may be shared
- How you can correct inaccuracies in the information
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Conference Connection Privacy Practices
- Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
- Managing Your Privacy
- Sharing Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Non-Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
- Links to Business Partner Sites
- Conference Connection Contact Information and Complaints
These policies outline the principles applied by Conference Connection while assessing, collecting, using, disclosing and retaining the personal information of Conference Connection’s past, present and prospective employees, customers, suppliers, and business associates.
These policies have the following scope:
- They apply to all Conference Connection employees, contractors, and third parties engaged by Conference Connection in its operations globally.
- They are to be used when considering the collection, use, and retention of personal information by all departments and operations of Conference Connection, or when changing the processes and procedures for the collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information.
- They refer to all processing of files in an electronic form (including, for example, electronic mail, documents created with office software, and records retained in databases) and information held in physical files structured with reference to individuals.
1.2 Privacy Policies
- Conference Connection’s strategy regarding privacy and personal information is to protect the personal information of its customers, business partners, and employees that is in its possession at any given time within its organization. This protection also applies to any personal information collected, used or retained by Conference Connection in its dealings with third parties.
- Conference Connection will act responsibly while collecting, using, and disclosing personal information, as this is a prerequisite to continued customer, partner, and employee confidence and loyalty.
2.1 Personal Information Collection and Use
You may choose to provide personal information through our website. Here are the ways in which you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also provide below some information on how we may use the information.
Accessing our Event Listing Content
If you choose to access our event listing page, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so that we have details of your event choices to provide you with more current information on selected events, products and services. We may also use the information you provide to evaluate & communicate similar new events that might be of interest to you.
If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our website, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments. We also may use the information you provide to evaluate the quality of our products and services.
Registration, Purchasing Documentation, Downloading Presentations or a Service, or Creating an Account
If you submit a registration or purchase documentation on-line with us, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name, address, contact details, main business activity and credit card number, and to allow you to purchase and download presentations. Additionally, you may be asked in cases where you have registered for an event or purchased documentation, to establish an account with us. This information will be used by Conference Connection to ensure your entitlement for further registrations, purchase of documentation, support and other services. The processing and transfer of the data are limited to the following purposes: fulfillment of your order(s)/contract(s), product registration and activation for documentation purchase and sending event updates or information on new events or promotional offers from time to time.
Subscribe to a Web-site Forum or Networking site
Conference Connection operates forums, website and related information services to better assist its customers in using its products and services, discuss issues, and share experience and knowledge. To permit you to obtain access to these information services, to assist us in creating content that is relevant to you, and to improve your experience on our Web site, including helping you quickly find events, services or product information important to you, we collect information on your name and e-mail address, and keep track of your preferences concerning events and other relevant information. We utilize the information obtained from these sites to improve our products and services.
Subscribe to a Newsletter, Receive Event Alerts
You may wish to receive information about our upcoming events, new presentations available for purchase, services, newsletters, informative emails, and research on future product ideas or improvements. If so, you will be asked to provide such details as your name, title, company, address, e-mail address and contact numbers.
We may from time to time send you transactional emails such as order confirmations or information on service related issues. Because these emails are not promotional in nature you are not able to unsubscribe from these transactional emails.
Receive Event or Service Information, Offers or Promotions
To provide you with promotions or special offers that may be of interest to you, you may be asked to provide us with your name, title, company, address, e-mail address and contact information. You may be asked to provide additional information to better understand you and possibly your organizations’ needs and experiences, opinions, as well as your experience or feedback in order to qualify for such promotions.
Soliciting your Opinion & Feedback on Events
To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs, we may solicit your opinions and feedback concerning our events & services; you may be asked to provide such information as your name, title, company, address, e-mail address and event attended, as well as the business activity of your organization, if you have not already done so, as well as the opinions and feedback itself.
Refer or Forward-To-A-Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site or any upcoming events, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. This information may also be used to market events or further event updates to your friend
Join Our Email Updates
If you choose to join our email updates, we will ask you for such details as your name, title, company, address, email address, contact information and main business activities. We will then automatically send you information on relevant upcoming events or updates to events, as well as any promotional or informational broadcasts on our events.
You make the decision whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, however, you may not be able to complete the transaction or functionality on the site if the information is essential to complete the transaction or functionality.
However, this information will only be used for analytical purposes and will be limited to the minimum necessary to perform the analysis. If you do not want Conference Connection to deploy cookies in your browser, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a web site tries to put a cookie in your browser software. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use of some of the products and/or services at our Web site.
2.3 Tracking Facilities
Conference Connection may also use tracking facilities in promotional email messages to determine whether the message was opened and acted on. We may use this information on email response to develop future promotions you may enjoy. For these purposes, some of our tracking facilities are tied to your e-mail address.
3.1 Opt-in and Opt-out
You will be given the option to opt-in to or opt-out of receiving further information from us on events or other promotional offers.
3.2 Communication Choices
If you are on a Conference Connection web page and would like to change your preferences for information that you have previously provided, you can make your changes online or please inform us using one of the communication channels at the bottom of this statement.
3.3 Updating or Correcting Your Personal Information
You have the right to update or correct or remove your personal information. If you believe that Conference Connection does not have your most current personal information, you can update it at the Member Login page or use one of the other communication channels at the bottom of this notice. You may request that we use our best efforts to remove or update such data from Conference Connection repositories.
From time to time, we may provide your information to Conference Connection Media Partners to communicate to you information or offers about products or services that they believe are important to you or your business. If you prefer that we not provide your information to our business partners, you may let us know using one of the methods described in this policy. Conference Connection provides a number of ways for you to ‘opt-out’ of receiving additional information from us or having us provide your personal information to our partners by ‘opt-out’ options provided at the point of collection, through e-mail notices, or through other preference management that may be available depending on the service or web-site.
If you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters or bulletins you can opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to the “unsubscribe” address in the body of the email or by using one of the other communication channels at the bottom of this notice.
We have taken appropriate security measures, to protect your personal information. These measures include administrative, physical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. These measures include:-
- Physical safeguards, such as locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities, and secure destruction of media containing personal information;
- Organizational safeguards, through training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to ensure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect personal information, as well as through privacy policies and policy standards that govern how Conference Connection treats personal information.
6.1 Non-Personal Information We Collect
We collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when users visit our website. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single, identifiable visitor. It tells us information such as how many users visited our sites and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors.
We collect this information through “cookie” technology or tracking facilities as explained above.
6.2 Web Site Traffic
Through our various tracking methods discussed above, we may track domain names, IP addresses, and browser types from people who visit our site. We use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout Conference Connection’s Web site. Such information is not correlated with any personal information.
7.0 Links to Business Partner Sites
At the Conference Connection Website, there are a number of links to companies with whom we have a relationship. Conference Connection is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours.
8.0 Conference Connection Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments concerning this policy, or if you would like to change or update or review the personal information we have about you, or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us as follows or make your changes online :-
Through Conference Connection’s offices at:
135 Middle Road #05-01
Telephone: 65-63380064, Fax: 65-63384090