Dr. Widhyawan Prawiraatmadja
Pertamina Energy Institute, Indonesia
Widhyawan is currently an independent consultant, advising the Government, State-owned enterprises, Development and Multi-lateral Agencies, as well as private national and multi-national companies. He is also Senior Practitioner Lecturer at School of Business and Management, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) from January 2017 to present. His current engagements include Advisory Board Member of Pertamina University (since July 2023), Risk Management Committee Member of PT PLN (Persero), the Indonesia state electricity (June 2020 to present), immediately following his previous position as Risk Management and Business Development Committee Member of PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN) Tbk, the Indonesia natural gas distribution company (May 2017 – April 2020). He also serves as Board Advisor of Pertamina Energy Insitute (from October 2018 – present), and currently Independent Commissioner of PT Inocycle Technology Group Tbk (April 2019 – present).
The following is selected past working experiences of Widhyawan Prawiraatmadja:
- By the end of 2016, Widhyawan has completed a two-year Government appointment position; serving as Special Advisor to the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources (October 2014 – July 2016), during which period he was also heading the Ministry’s Performance Management Unit (Nov 2014 – May 2016). From May 2015 to November 2016, he served as a Member of Board of Commissioners of PT Pertamina (Persero); and served as the Governor of Indonesia to the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) 2015-2016.
- In 2011-2014, served for SKK Migas, an Executing Agency for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities of the Republic of Indonesia, in various capacities that include: Deputy Chairman for Commercial (2013-2014), Deputy Chairman for Planning (2012-2013), and Corporate Secretary (2011-2012).
- In 2010-2011, worked for General Electric (GE), started as Director for Turbomachinery in GE Oil and Gas Asia-Pacific, and then subsequently as Indonesia Country Executive for GE Energy.
- In 2005-2009, was with PT Pertamina (Persero) in various capacities and executive positions, serving his last position as Senior Vice President for Corporate Planing, Business Development, and Transformation.
- Widhyawan started his professional career as a consultant; in 1986, with PT Redecon in Jakarta, Indonesia, and later in 1989, he joined Facts Global Energy, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, at which his last position was Director for Consulting and Retainer Services. While in Honolulu, Hawaii, Widhyawan was also affiliated with the East-West Center – a US research institution with the mandate to foster the relationship between the US dan Asia-Pacific – in various capacities in its Energy Program. After staying abroad for fifteen years, Widhyawan returned to Indonesia to join Pertamina.
Widhyawan has a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in economics from University of Hawaii at Manoa. In professional and social associations, he serves as Governing Board in two civil society organizations: Indonesian Institute for Energy Economics (IIEE) and Coaction Indonesia. He has previously served as member of the Executive Board of ISEI (Ikatan Sarjana Ekonomi Indonesia/Indonesian Economist Association).