Online Course on
Bunker Fuel Blending
Best Selling Bunker Course
For more than a decade, Conference Connection has organized the 3-day Gasoline and Diesel Blending Course that has been successfully held in various global locations including: Singapore, Rotterdam, Fujairah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Kuwait, with attendance by traders, refiners, analysts, schedulers, and operations personnel.
The Gasoline & Diesel course is now available as a separate multi-module, fully online version, which you can take over a period of 20 days, at your convenience.
The online course will provide participants with a deeper understanding on:
- How to make a variety of fuel oils economically, precisely tailored for a specific application, meeting ISO 8217
- How to make real VLSFO, the VLSFO number right now circulating around the world is of very low viscosity and very similar to MGO.
- VLSFO pollution and issues to the engine that can cause high risk for ships and workers.
- Using best practice and application of US and International standards to improve your ability to source, supply and use the fuels required now and in the medium term.
What You Will Get
- High quality videos and content
- Ten (10) gasoline and eight (8) diesel modules with each module having one or more videos for theory and exercises
- Real-life and hands-on Exercises
- Electronic version of the course book (PDF) with over 800 pages
- Demo of Diesel GHG Blender
- Short quiz to test what you have learned during the course
Mr. Ara Barsamian
President & CEO
Refinery Automation LLC, USA
Ara Barsamian is currently President and Chief Executive Officer of Refinery Automation Institute, LLC (RAIL). A fuels blending automation consulting firm, Refinery Automation Institute specializes in the profitable growth, development, and implementation of blending operations and technology.
Previously, he served as a group head of Exxon Research and Engineering Company where he designed, implemented, started up, and commissioned over 20 blending and oil movement systems across the United States, Europe, South America, the Middle East, and Asia.
In 1985, he formed 3X Corporation, which was later acquired by ABB, building on his 40+ years of experience in over 60 blending automation and optimization projects.
Ara is a fellow of American Institute of Chemical Engineers, life-time member of International Society for Automation, member of ASTM working group on using spectrometers for certifying in-line gasoline blends, and a member of IBIA’s Future Fuels working group.
He graduated from the City University of New York with a B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering.
- Bunker Specifications ISO 8217-17 and more
- Bunker Blend component properties, specifications and their usage
- Bunker Grades and Blend Recipes
- Bunker Blending Schemes and Practices
- Estimating Price of Components and Products
- Linear vs. Non-Linear
- Introduction to Bunker Blending Optimization
- Typical Blend Optimizer Usage
- Blending economics
- Lab Test Methods, Precision and Dispute Resolution
- Scrubbers as Alternatives, Costs and ROI
- VLSFO Bunker Patents
- The Environment, Alternative Fuels and Green House Gas
- Best Practices for Blending VLSFO Fuels and related issues
Introduction to Bunker Blending
Who Should Attend
Traders & Blenders
Gasoline, Fuel Oil, Middle Distillates
Marketing, Marine, Products Trading, Business Development
Operational Engineers, Project Engineers
Refiners, Oil Terminals, Port & Fuel Truck
Business, Fuel, Project
Supervisors, Sales Reps
Programme at a Glance
- Overview of the Bunker Business – Current and Post 2020
- Marine Fuels Specifications, Components, and Additives
- 2020 0.5%S Bunker Blends
- Blend Components Availability and Pricing
- 2020 Bunker Blends Compatibility
- Blending Economics: Pricing Blend Component and Finished Product
- Blending Property Calculations and Blending Tools
- Introduction to Blend Optimization (Cheapest Blend)
- Introduction to Quality Assurance
- Delivery Quantity Measurement
- 2020 and Scrubbers: How, Costs, ROI Economics
- 2020 Issues: Compatibility, Stability, Market Prices (LSFO vs.HSFO vs. LSMGO), Patents and Infringement Potential
- In-Line Bunker Blending vs. Tank Blending
- Future Low GHG Fuels vs. Fossil Fuels
The primary strength of the course is excel sheets exercises
& reference information from the instructor
Must attend course for ship operators involved in fuel
Ara has tremendous knowledge and experience
Ara Barsamian is very knowledgeable, which made it easier
to understand the course
Course is very informative. Ara’s explanation is based on
experiences and business views.
Truly a pleasure…Thank you for sharing your perspective